April 20, 2010

Hex

Comme des Garcons' Spring 09 range was dark, stiff, and totally mathematical with garments made of hexagonal shapes patchworked out of vinyl leather. I played soccer for 6 years when I was a teenager- never did I think I'd be swooning over non-athletic apparel that was inspired by the sport years later. Last week the hex oxfords from the collection popped up on ebay and now they will be mine! The shoes are made with loosely spun white felted wool encased in a clear plastic shell- so FUTURE. I can't wait to have these on my feet.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

damn those are hella badass

Miann - Fashion Falsehood said...

my boyfriend would LOVE those shoes

Hal E. Liebling said...

sooo sweet. there's a leather Bless bag on yoox right now and when i saw it i thought of you, it's a baseball glove!

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?YOOX=1783501%5F183%5F9%5FEO%5F%2D1&tskay=3FD17CD7&cod10=45124474IC&sts=dreambox80&areaid=74&id_code=1503054_48_1_IC_-1

HALCOHOLIC.com

joy said...

hah I love this lots. I wish there was an editorial in this vein. I would support it!

Zara Nugent said...

oooooooooohh...

Lulu S. said...

I love soccer inspired clothing! You have to check out SEPP mag if you haven't already: http://www.sepp-magazine.com/main.htm

Ally said...

these are sooo good. love the texture

Anonymous said...

stunnin collection.

Blindcopy said...

are we gonna see a post with you wearing them?