April 08, 2010

Turned on its head

It's not a myth that the air you breathe and the space you inhabit can only be improved by having some plants around you. Since moving in December, we've been growing our collection of greenery, from a brain cactus to bamboo and an aloe plant. I tend to stick to simple planters to house them in, but my jaw dropped when I saw these flower pots by artist Matthias Merkel Hess.



For his 28th birthday, Matthias created 28 self-portrait pots which he planted with 28 different native California trees chosen specifically for the friend or family member he then gave each one too. I can't think of a more thoughtful gift- too bad I'm not Matthias' friend cause these aren't for sale!



3 comments:

Misanthropic Pulp said...

these are really cool, and yes it is definitely a thoughtful gift...
×D

http://misanthropicpulp.blogspot.com/

STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

i know! i stalk her on dropsnap. i want to track her down and ask her to send me that bag!

Karla said...

hahaaa awesomeee
x