April 12, 2010

Green jelly

I feel like jelly sandals never went away... for kids. In the past few years though, with an extra push (or shove?) courtesy of young-spirited designs like Giles dino bags, and Miu Miu's naked lady and cat prints, it seems like no better time for "adults" to fall for the kid steez. So back to the jellies- somehow my women's size 8 foot just barely fit into the largest girl's size at GapKids and I was able to walk away with two pairs of these babies for 10 bones a piece (if you get two or more in store, their $10 & slightly more online). Despite the fact that these are targeted towards pre-pubescent girls, not women, these ironically look more "grownup" than the classic fisherman jellies I wore at least half a lifetime ago.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i have a red pair i bought when i was shoping through the stella mccartney stuff a few weeks ago! i looooove them

Sarah M said...

I love these! So much more stylish than when I was a kid.. I would def wear these now!

Erin Pea said...

it's totally cool that you posted this. i am going to call my gap store now to check them out. they look nice and not lame like most urban outfitters 90s revival shoes.