April 01, 2010

You're not allowed to be unhappy


I loved this dreamy tropical print from Margiela's spring '10 collection...it especially looks delightful translated onto a bodysuit tank (yeah it actually snaps at the crotch, pretty cool).


I've been watching video tutorials on how to do a fishtail braid and hope to rock it in a slightly messy bedhead, hippy sort of style this summer.


God's Prey is back with their Fall '10 line, Psychik Cities, and it's a slightly darker direction than their last, but equal parts wearable and rocking. I'm pretty into this poncho jacket... I love the idea of creating this big silhouette to hide under.


I don't know what it is but I have a thing for hand shapes or prints in art or wearables, so naturally I love this painting by Matthew Feyld.


Jeremy Scott's modern stone age collection this season def. isn't for everyone, but you gotta admit his Flinstones' take on the leather motorcycle jacket is pretty rad. Colette has most of the range in store right now.


Erykah Badu has been busy promoting her new album this week (which I NEED to get asap). Here she is rocking the Ann-Sofie Back drip shades at a record release party last week in NY. I always loved her style and the OC blog has some more good snaps up showing how badass she is.


I could really get down with this handmade leather visor by 2 by Lyn & Tony... it'd be perfect for shielding the rays this summer! The Selby visited their home in Sydney last year to get the scoop behind this busy couple's life (they also run Karen mag).

6 comments:

Ria said...

that braid pic is just thrilling!

i´ve tried to learn how to do a fishtail braid. i think it must be quite easy but somehow i just don´t manage to braid it right ...

Unknown said...

love the Margiela piece, so cool, and that braid...hippy all the way...

http://misanthropicpulp.blogspot.com/

style-magnet said...

You are my FAVORITE.

STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

i'm not a huge fan of jeremy scott's collections but i always fall in love with one or two singular pieces each season. that jacket is to die for. also love the bone heels!

Jeralyn said...

DUDE! I got into fishtail braids recently too. They're SO easy but take fucking forever (at least on my hair). I love the end result though and even though I think it looks kind of cool with my half shaved head, I am wishing I had a full head of hair to really experiment...

A La Mode said...

That leather visor is awesome!!