April 27, 2010

Bring it on

I'm in super anticipation-of-summer mode. I ponder outfits when I can't sleep, but end up forgetting about a lot of them once they are weather appropriate. Last night I documented one way I might wear the slinky neon Jil Sander tank dress I picked up at their "secret" sample sale last week (I got a few other amazing pieces which I'll share soonish).




neon pink tank dress, Jil Sander; black mesh dress, Weekday; airplane charm purchased in LA; clear sunglasses, (old) F21; shoes, Comme des Garcons

If I had to set a direction for dressing myself in the warmer months, it'd be some sort of mish-mash of minimal/sporty/relaxed geometry. Of course you can see where the Jil Sander and CDG hex shoes play into that. On a related note, this editorial featuring an active Natasha Poly has some amazing moments.



The above image is from that March 2000 issue of NYLON I nabbed recently...which sorta fits into the minimal/sporty/relaxed geometry equation too. How amazing are those Margiela 3D-style sunglasses?? Yo someone at the house of Margiela, REMAKE THEM! I also really dig the hairdo/hat/black ribbon combo that's eerily similar to that look I found in Numero Tokyo last year. The black leather slip-ons are from Topshop and kinda create an outfit together with the picture (I'd just need some bottoms and something over the CK bra top!).



Thinking about this "direction" I'm loosely trying to achieve led me to revisit Zero + Maria Cornejo's Spring '08 and '09 collections and her ability to create perfectly modern, yet effortless shapes (peep that eye makeup!). Maybe I'll get lucky and find some cool pieces at the Zero + Maria Cornejo sample sale that starts tomorrow and goes through Friday. An email from the label promises archive samples from the past 10 years! Here's the deets: Wed, April 28, 10:30am-7pm, Thurs, April 29, 8am-7:30pm, Fri, April 30, 8am-3pm, Metropolitan Pavilion, Gallery Level, 123 W 18th St @ 6th Ave.

6 comments:

Hal E. Liebling said...

Majorly jeal of the Jil Sander and the CdG, Amanda!

HALCOHOLIC.com

Hovi said...

jil sander sale was epic!!! hope the cornejo sale measures up.

when did you get the topshop shoes? they look perfect for summer casual.

Amanda said...

jae, just got the topshop shoes last week so they should still be there.. they are super comfortable, love em!

Emma said...

love the shoes! great and quirky

Anonymous Agent said...

good post brah

Andrew said...

amazing outfit