July 02, 2009

Cheap Monday SS10

On Monday night, it was raining denim in Sweden's capital. Cheap Monday took us into a grunge-infested, almost apocalyptic world for spring. This is new head designer, Ann-Sofie Back's first collection for the brand. Although having just joined Cheap Monday in May, this is only a teaser hinting at the direction she will eventually take for her first full collection for the brand, which won't be until spring/summer 2011. I have a feeling by then, we'll be on the edge of our seats, but I'm already analyzing each look trying to figure out what Ann may have touched.


















Overall, I wouldn't exactly call this collection polished or their most innovative, but it still embodies what I love about Cheap Monday- accessible, casual and cool- and I know Ann will push it even further.

3 comments:

Six Six Sick said...

Am so excited that she took over Cheap Monday, I think the show looked pretty good!

xxx,
Tiffany

Sharon said...

that last sweater? the one that looks like it got raped by moths? i love it.

DDW said...

This is great! I've been trying to find photos from Stockholm fashion week... did you take these yourself (lucky if so!) or find them online somewhere?