July 14, 2009

DIYed

On Sunday, Jess and I spent a few hours at the Urban Outfitters in Soho for the DIY or DIE event. It was great to see some of our favorite blogging ladies in the flesh and learn a thing or two about sewing, studding, shredding, slashing, and crocheting chains. I had a lot to learn seeing as I do not work in the fashion industry but thankfully the ladies of Six Six Sick, Nikki, Pam, Jeralyn, and Sarah made it seem super easy and I'm confident I can do a lot of this stuff on my own now!

A big thanks goes to UO for hosting such a cool event and for the complimentary rad gift bags that included among other things some yummy sparkling juice by Izze, UO nail polish (I got green!) and a sweet xeroxed how-to guide for the next rainy day. I only managed to get a few decent shots but you can see more coverage of the event over at Badlooking and Dirty Flaws.


Six Six Sick girls in their DIY porcelain flower skirts


Pam's jaw-dropping creations


Some of the styled looks on mannequins


I snuck in a shot of this girl's awesome tattoo in front of me


Nikki showing us how to make the slashed/chain drip jeans


Tiffany and Christina's handiwork

7 comments:

Anonymous Agent said...

Yay! It was a fun day :-)

Anonymous said...

omg how fun is that! i so wish i could go to a shop like that one! i didn't even know UO had diy shops...

Amanda said...

jennine- it was just a one-off event that UO hosted in collaboration w/ some nyc/philly bloggers. hopefully they do more things like this though!!

Unknown said...

boo next time i want to go can someone show me this chain work!!!

molly c said...

so great meeting you too! next time i'm in ny we'll have to hang out xx

Anonymous said...

that's me with that tattoo! haha.

i didn't realize you were there also until just now. it's too bad we didn't get to introduce ourselves!

Amanda said...

omg that was you!!? duhhhhh. i don't think i even saw you from the front or i would have realized :)