August 11, 2009

American carnival

Aside from presents, the Barneys CO-OP catalog is one of the sweetest (free) treats I could ask for in my mailbox. While I end up tossing most other catalogs after one flip-through, I can never bear to part with this one. The amazing job they do every time with the design, printing, styling and photography is enough to win the privilege of hanging out with the rest of my bound paper friends. This time around, the denim Fall 09 book wowed me with its gold and neon pink accents and adorable models with dreaded/puffy colored locks and mime face paint. There's definitely some good jeans for fall from some of the best in the biz like J Brand, Nudie, and Current/Elliott and if you bring in a pair of your previously loved jeans, Barneys will give you 20% off your next pair (runs through August). Check out the full catalog here.















4 comments:

yui said...

interesting hair and make up can really do wonders to otherwise mediocre styling. black alphabet stickers like the ones on hannes chest are so much fun to play around with!

emsydo said...

i don't like the styling that much but the make up and hair is magical! love the multicoloured hair!

Amanda said...

agree styling is so-so at times but love the saran wrap and letter stickers! (a. wang creepers look good too)

etoilee8 said...

I just looked at this and almost blogged about it too. I love the cover shot and yes the make up is great the styling is meh.