August 14, 2009

The Future is full of Sparkles and Robots

All I can think of is club nights of the future when I look at the catwalk images from Holly Fulton's fall collection. Rich jewel tones mixed with bold black and yellow provide a confident and sexy color palette. The robot dress blew my mind, and that yellow crop jacket is pretty much perfection. I love her use of embellishments and color, and of course the elegant use of sparkles and sequins. Holly says this about her inspiration behind the collection: "References for the new collection included Eduardo Paolozzi, robotic stuff and what I'm calling art deco on crack - looking at the motifs and geometry within this with a heightened sense of colour and line."




Images via High Snobette

1 comment:

Glowing Doll said...

I love it, they're like beautiful art deco robot warrior queens