August 30, 2009

Sparkles in the eyes

Yesterday I found myself in LES, making the rounds to shops I rarely get to visit since I work in another part of town and live across the river. Assembly on Ludlow St. is a shop I've been meaning to see since it opened last year. A lot of "oohing" and "ahhhing" ensued as I made my way through their racks, but ESPECIALLY when I came to all the stunning pieces by Risto. Based in Paris, Risto Bimbiloski works by day as head mens knitwear designer at Louis Vuitton, but with offices and accounts in NY, we'll definitely be seeing more of him. He'll be showing his spring collection at NY Fashion Week on September 12, and I can't wait to see what he's got in store. You can read a recent interview with Risto over at Dazed Digital.




This silk eagle eye print bomber jacket was my absolute favorite, but unfortunately not in my budget at the moment. Here's hoping he'll have a sample sale at the end of the season!




Prints taken from the hubble telescope looked amazing on silk parkas and shorts.

9 comments:

patti said...

both of the jackets are AMAZING.

Emilie said...

That eagle eye jacket is so sick!



Emilie

josephine said...

I love that bomber!

http://thequeenjosephine.blogspot.com

the order of ash said...

the shorts/parka combo is SICK.

Brittany said...

You can wear the galaxy?! I want to do that!

workitberk.blogspot.com

alisa said...

omg i love i love

Ally said...

WOW these are really beautiful, especially the second jacket.

nik dragovic said...

great selections! assembly is one of my favorite stores - so well-curated! and everyone working there is so nice. i've been meaning to stop by and check out their new private label collection.

Anonymous said...

oh god! thanks for posting this!

i've always wanted a slimmer version of the galaxy print silk pants and now i've found them! i actually tried the the poofy ones on at opening ceremony and they looked so absurd on me. it doesn't help that the bright supernova part is on the crotch area!