August 19, 2009

I Know Why No

I've probably only hit on knitwear here and there around this place, like when rocking my fave sweater, the amazing cold-weather accessories champ Yokoo, or in the case of this fishing net dress Ida Sjöstedts sent down the runway in Stockholm. So I was excited when I came across this picture on Hel Looks of this chick wearing the most amazing lilac loose knit dress, styled to perfection. Thank god Hel Looks takes notes or I would never know the designer of the dress, I Know Why No, even existed.



There is not too much info about the label, but I learned that it is the handiwork of designer Aino Vainio, based out of Finland. Rather than follow the seasonal model, Aino has crafted a few dozen pieces, and then set up photoshoots to draw the essence of the garments. Cursed, Cheetah, Dark Energy, and Spirited are just a few of the mini collections on her site and they all have a different, yet cohesive energy I'm really drawn to. Loose dyed knits contrast well next to other fabrics Aino works with like hologram vinyl and silk jersey, all reflecting the dark, remote nature of Finland.




















more info here

5 comments:

noura. said...

oh wow this stuff is incredible.



www.pearlsandlacedresses.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

its so hard to pull off this big knitted dress, although Rodarte did a good job, but its really for runway not really practical..

roxanne said...

wow these are fantastic... that bodysuit!

Ranoira said...

Haha, it was fun to read your wiev cause I was going to post about this but left it as a draft, I felt like I didn't know was it worth making a post. "dark, remote nature of Finland"... it's fun to think that to someone my country can seem distant or exotic in any way.

Rackk and Ruin said...

these Mini photo shoots are amazing!! love the black eye makeup and smudges.