August 12, 2009

BLESS N°37 New Sheheit

It's been some time since I've checked in on the fun folks at Bless in Berlin. Their 37th installment for AW09/10 entitled New Sheheit (which could be read fast as "new shit") works to enhance their belief that clothes should fit according to everyone's needs- specifically all 3 genders. This is the first time I've actually seen a designer acknowledge the "third gender", and they use a variety of models in their lookbook to further pronunce the unimportance of gender difference to their label.

There's not much theme to speak of, unlike most other fashion collections, although if there were one unifying element you can partially find, it's the 3D anaglyph effect seen on some of the knitwear and accessories. This season Bless also collaborated with sportswear brand Oxbow, who was famous for their ski sweaters in the 80s. Together, they designed three sweaters- two 3D mountain prints, and a crazy layered knit described as the "ultimate top gear", complete with a detachable scarf and layers of patterned madness. So much of this stuff would be great to have on hand in the freezing Northeast winter.






pc: Bless + Colette

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Give me alllll the jumpers and those sunglasses, please.

t. said...

always and forever

Ally said...

love those jumpers so so much. they remind me a bit of something my dad would wear in the 80s, but in the best possible way

Anonymous said...

dope post. i luv this stuff!
-JB

me melodia said...

I was just in Berlin and the Bless store went on Summer vacation the entire time I was there.
I drooled at the puffy sandals from the window. :*(

Amanda said...

jealous melody! i can't wait till the day i get to go to the bless store...i've been a fan of everything they do for awhile and would love to see it in person!

me melodia said...

You'll love it!
I am already planning a trip back to Berlin. 10 days wasn't enough. So many concept boutiques, designer studios and lifestyle shops. The Bless store has your name all over it.