August 22, 2009

Don't wear stripes on tv

I didn't make it to the Issey sample sale this week but it's ok because I finally got my Issey pants from the post office that I won last month off ebay! I know I confused/dizzied people wearing them to work today....and on my late trip home as all the dolled-up droves headed towards the Meatpacking District. The pants have these tiny vertical pleats with black and white stripes following them so that a natural moiré pattern forms the way the fabric lays. They're so much fun to wear and super lightweight which is good since it's been sticky icky icky in NYC lately.


pants, Issey Miyake; top, Mintdesigns for Uniqlo; sandals, Irregular Choice

9 comments:

t. said...

mintdesign for uniqlo?! wtf?? i wannnntt! when?? i wish i live in ny :)))

Daisy said...

They are fantastic ! I really like them!

Amanda said...

tania- i just got it! they also had gvgv for uniqlo- gonna do another post soon. it was part of a small Designers Invitation project but there was no press so I found it randomly. Maybe they think noone cares about Japanese designers here!? (couldn't find any info anywhere) I freaked out though!! Go on the Uniqlo site and search through product in "cut and sew" and you can see some of the dresses they had for gvgv. they were only $20.

Unknown said...

haha i qwore my mintdesign for uniqlo top as a dress on thursday...i love it.

WendyB said...

Wow! I'm hypnotized.

t. said...

ahhh! thanks for the tip. i like the olive with big side zigzag gvgv shirt :))

Laura @ effluvia said...

Those look really cool! I've been looking for some lightweight pants, but haven't had a find like yours yet :)

Six Six Sick said...

Holy shit, these are insane!!! I totally missed the Issey sale too unfortunately...

xxx,
Tiffany

Courtney O. Groh said...

siiiicckkkkkkk!