August 05, 2009

Planet Sauvage

After seeing the almighty crystal rock necklace, you didn't think I could hold back on getting a peek at PAM's fall collection, now did you? They were kind enough to send me the lookbook and I've picked out some of my faves that should be in stores any day now. The fang necklace is back again and I'm a fan of the half solid/half print leggings look paired with longer cut sweatshirts and tees. The whole collection is ripe for layering and the kind of stuff I want to be wearing when I'm in casual/cozy mode (which is more often than not).















In other PAM-related news, check out this book The Times they are The Changes which accompanied The Changes exhibition last fall in Australia. The Changes are Misha Hollenbach and Shauna T of PAM, Fergus Purcell (aka Fergadelic, the founder of Tonite) and Sk8thing. They may live in separate timezones, but they share the same interests and obsessions with culture.

"An appropriation of everything past, they consider and conflate the influence and experience of the cultural explosions of the 80s and 90s: rave, metal, acid, punk, krautrock and freakout, rainbow, black, silver, gold, latex, leather, denim… Everything and/or anything takes shape as material to rewrite the present, a joyous comical explosion, absolutely positive and energetic."

The book is available now at Nieves!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how more and more designers are now replacing heads with artwork. I find it so much more interesting. It's like a different way to convey emotions that unfortunately, not all models can really attain.

Patricia Ann
www.theshapesofthings.com

t. said...

:) always got love for PAM