August 27, 2009

I'm trippen out

Now on to SHOES. Trippen is a German shoe company that crafts their footwear in a small factory on the outskirts of Berlin and chooses not to advertise (probably why I've never heard of them until recently). These fall more on the practical end of the spectrum, in that you likely won't fall down your front steps (hopefully) the first time you put these on.



The shoes, designed by Michael Oehler & Angelika Spieth, are made from naturally tanned leather. I think I flipped through every pair on the site (and there's a lot), because they are all so interesting to look at. If black is not your thing, they offer a selection of other colored leather your pair can be made in, like wine, pink, and gray. Trippen shoes, understandably, are very popular in Japan, where there are several outposts, but you can find them at a lot of other retailers as well (see their site). I found a Canadian shop that has some on sale and Joan Shepp in Philly carries the brand.

6 comments:

Kylie said...

I love that these shoes, technically are quite ugly... but I'm still quite in love with them. Each one is so special, I would so not mind handing over the cash for these

Amanda said...

agree with you in every way!

TRIGG said...

the last shoe!!
so in love with it

Anonymous said...

great post. i love these shoes! i am digging most of the sandals, really.

yui said...

yeah trippens cool.i sort of see them as the cool older sister of camper. i think theyre great if u wear a lot of earth tones in natural fabrics...paul harnden, suzuki takayuki, that kind of aesthetic...

LollyD said...

As an artist, I need comfortable shoes because I'm often on my feet for hours working, but I like them to be a little kick-ass in the visual department. Trippens are IT!!! Well worth the money (and as a creative type, I don't have moola to waste). Love them. I always get mine at Ped Shoes. That site offers good fit advice.