September 14, 2009

The Unveiling

Woah, what a busy weekend! Saturday, I almost didn't make it to check out Katie Gallagher's presentation as my car got broken into (hope that person gets it back tenfold) but luckily I pulled it together and made it down to Tribeca Grand in time. Her Spring 2010 collection, entitled Veil, totally met and then exceeded my expectations. I tried to get close to show you guys the detail and craftsmanship that went into every piece. I love the juxtaposition of leather and other fabrics so this jacket was one of my favorites from the collection, although there were a handful I was obsessing over.







The tights and pants in Katie's collection also blew me away. I loved the way she used seams and pleats as design elements for the bottoms, especially those shorts! You can really see her designs are technically motivated and focus on accenting the female form with a dramatic edge.





The styling and music (Katie had a German industrial group create a custom soundtrack for the show) complimented the collection perfectly, and further helped clarify her vision to those in attendance.





Here's another great jacket, and cute bag that looked perfect with the whole outfit.



I'm so glad I got to see her pieces in the flesh up close, because it solidified my feeling that Katie is a true talent and is definitely one to watch!

3 comments:

dirtyflaws said...

shes fucking brilliant

Anonymous said...

i love what your wearing you look so beautiful! what style. I've just followed you.
Tomorrow x
www.inthebedroommirror.blogspot.com

Rackk and Ruin said...

those zipper shorts are fucking ridic! that girl's got talent for sure