September 11, 2009

It's a circus out thurr

NYC was in full-on party mode for Fashion's Night Out last night, which I overheard described as "trick-or-treating for the fashion crowd." Yup, pretty much was that. As much as I was tempted to hit up the Opening Ceremony block party, the Oak/April77 bash and a ton more shindigs in the city, I was way too exhausted to go all out last night. I still supported some of the local shops in Brooklyn and stopped by Alter in Greenpoint, where I couldn't resist picking up a necklace by Cheap Monday (the, uh, ode to college one). My outfit was kind of Comme des Garcons meets Rick Owens (my jacket is literally a Rick Owens knockoff), and the sheer pink polka dot top was made possible by my mom's closet.



dress, H&M; bike shorts, BDG; sheer top, vintage; jacket, knockoff Rick Owens via ebay; necklace, diy; boots, alice + olivia for Payless