September 16, 2009

Lightning strikes more than twice

I KNEW after seeing some of Risto's line in store at Assembly last month, that he wouldn't disappoint at NYFW. For me personally, the digital printing on fabric trend hasn't gotten old, and in fact, I love seeing new ideas explored using this method. Risto's touch tends to explore the method on more delicate fabrics to contrast the boldness of an all over print. I've done died and gone to heaven after seeing this lightning print dress.



While not as much of an impact when used on a smaller scale, it is still stunning on tops and sheer gloves.




7 comments:

Catherine Blair Pfander said...

how has no one commented on this? That dress is beyond gorgeous...and you're right, I can't wait to see how this technique gets pushed in the future. The Mulleavys should mess with it.

Only good things can come!

Anonymous said...

OLYMOLY! I AM LOVESTRUCK/AWESTRUCK/ADD ANY MORE PUNS AS NECESSARY. THAT DRESS IS GORGEOUS.

Vern said...

agree that digi-printing isn't played out yet and this new take with softer fabrics is the shit! i'd rock that sheer lightning print button up! nice meeting you and Denae at the soiree.

josephine said...

cool print. I really love this concept! very awesome
{hate the makeup here, though, oh well}

Ally said...

wow that is spectacular. i also agree the digitial print thing has so much potential to keep reinventing itself

Six Six Sick said...

LOVE him. I don't think I will ever get tired of his prints.

xx
Tiffany

Anonymous said...

wow, that is bombastic! the most striking celestial print i've seen yet!