September 08, 2009

Velvet high

It's been more than a minute since I've gotten excited over/considered buying sneakers. I was into primarily rocking sneakers for a time up until about a year or two ago. Nowadays, it's mostly sandals and boots. Leave it to Margiela though to get my excited again! Much like the watch-inspired accessories I posted recently, Margiela takes something ordinary, a classic hi-top shoe, and gives it new life by covering it in velvet. Neither pink nor velvet are usually my thing, but together I can definitely see myself rocking these. There are also lo-top blue versions available for the boys.




via Freshness

7 comments:

Papillon said...

I remember watching Changing Rooms once when I was in highschool and there was an episode where this cute designer, Oliver, went all crazy with a velvet spray in the exact same color...it was so magical, he'd just spray it on anything and it would be covered in velvet fluff...lamp posts, the chandelier, frames..!

I'm crazy about those sneakers, they're sooooo raaaad...just how the room ended up.

Unknown said...

these almost look plush! crazy!

Six Six Sick said...

These are really pretty sick. I never ever wear sneakers, but I would definitely consider these.

xx
Tiffany

M E L I $ $ A said...

these are dooope!

Anonymous said...

Sneakers are not usually the something that gets me going but these are wonderful! These might make it onto my wishlist! :)

xoxo

t. said...

tried those at colette! so good, but expensssss. maybe 1/2 off sale...

Amanda said...

it would be hard to try these on i think and leave without them. but i can live without velvet sneakers, lol